Saturday, August 22, 2009

What am I doing the last week of summer vacation?

Cleaning, organizing, and switching rooms around. Why? Isn't that what all people do during their summer vacation? Wait until there is only ONE WEEK before the meetings begin. I definitely need to get my head checked out because I am surely not sane!

Kraig is ready to begin phase one of moving the shop to the house. While that is a really great thing, this helpful little move is sending our lives into total upheaval! The computer room and the spare bedroom are being moved into the boys' room upstairs in the loft. Kaleb and Trevor will each have their own space which Kaleb loves! The loft will house a spare bed, a couch, a tv, 2 computers and desks, Kraig's print desk (which is huge) and a tanning bed (hopefully, it just won't fit). I will let you glimpse into my horror that is reality at this point. I will show you the finished product within the next week because it must be finished before September 1st!

Here is Trevor's first move...the LEGO's that he's built. Really??? This is what is most important. It doesn't matter if you move his clothes, bed or underwear...just his hobby.

...and the rest of Trevor's future bedroom which is a total and utter mess. You can only see half the room. Ugh...what was I thinking?
The beginnings of Kaleb's room. Of course, he is pretty organized and neatly took up 3 drawers, a small part of the closet, and the nightstand. All of his clothes (that still fit the little weed) are neatly put in place. I'm so glad that he is that organized but how did our stuff multiply? We've only been here a few years! The other stuff still needs to go to another part of the house. Any suggestions on how to store suitcases without a basement?
Aaaarrrrgh...the boys room with clothes everywhere. Trevor is in the process of trying on clothes and everything fits him from last year. Hooray...but where do I store the stuff that he will eventually grow into? Kaleb is SEVERAL sizes ahead of him! What a disaster!

Say goodbye to Trevor's bunkbed because it will soon be relocating to its new position. The drum set...not sure where that is going to fit. Probably stay in the loft so it won't be as loud...I think. My dad made the small armoire so that has to go somewhere. When did we collect all of this stuff?

Now, you see my dilemna. Who does this the last week before school starts? Oh, summer, where did you go? Maybe, I shouldn't have spent so much time reading at the pool.
Nah...
Stay tuned for an updated look or a crazy Chris.

9 comments:

Kara said...

The clothes are definitely what I struggle with. Constantly moving them around to who they currently fit or to a tub in the basement. Never ending work.

Love the Legos! When I saw the pic a few posts ago from the Chicago trip I didn't realize that he was so into them!

Anonymous said...

Please keep us posted - this is very.......interesting. Maybe this will help with my piles!

TraceyLD said...

Wow....What a huge project! Looks like you are off to a great start.

I too didn't know Trevor was so into Lego's.

Glad you got to read by the pool.

Sorry I can't offer you any insite on where to store stuff w/o a basement.

Pam said...

Chris! That is crazy! I too hate the going through clothes ordeal. With a girl at least I can prented she's putting on a fashion show. James....boys are a whole other monster when it comes to trying on clothes.
My suggestion for no basement storage? Garage. We have shelves in our garage for some of our odd things. We had no garage or basement in Mayville, I get your challenge.

chris k said...

Trevor's room is 2/3 done, Kaleb's room is just about done and now for the upstairs mess fest. Pam, I fit the suitcases into a closet...barely by putting a smaller one inside the bigger one. The garage shelving is going to have to work. A girl would think of clothing as a fashion show but boys hate to try on clothes! AND Kraig, everything still fits...even if it's from
1984. He'll wear it because style doesn't matter.

Laurie said...

Gurl, you crazy. Good luck with your project. :) I hate cleaning out my closet, but it needs to be done.

Chris said...

Do you have an attic?? That's a good storage spot.

Laura Wells said...

Baring an some unforeseeable problem like termites, we are planning to have that toy sale this Friday. Do your boys still want to help in some way?

Amanda Irene said...

oh this is exciting!! Congrats!