Monday, October 6, 2008

Progress Reports

I know that a positive note or word encourages others. Well, Trevor received a "good job" note from his teacher. Last year, his confidence was down towards the bottom of a pit because he wasn't interested in school or his lessons and not paying attention. His teacher this year is full of positive remarks and praise, while still being able to say, "I know that you can do better!" He hs definitely exceeded my expectations and is focused on his work. Hooray!
Also, a student in my morning class was talking to me about not being able to understand the work. I paraphrased Philippians 4:13 loosely, I might add. He said (and I quote), " I know that verse...I can do everything through him who gives me strength." The kids then had a little mini lesson about using Christ to help them through their school work and when things aren't going well. They finally asked me if I knew the verse and we talked a little more and then moved back to math. Maybe they have taken prayer out of the public schools, but He was certainly present in my 3rd hour!

I hope that your Monday was as enjoyable as mine!

7 comments:

Kara said...

Well, my Monday was good, but not THAT good! Yay for 3rd hour!

Wasn't Mrs. B. hilarious last night? I just love her.

Pam said...

Those are two awesome praises!! Thank the Lord Trevor has a teacher that encourages him and praises his cool little self.
Last year Hannah really struggled, not so much acedemically, but notes home everyday for behavior. This year we just got a note home Friday praising her good work ethic and habits. All those tears (her and us) were worth it!
Trevor is a great kid and will go far!!!

Jenny LaBo said...

Rock on CK!

Phil Luter said...

Praise God for teachers like you. You know Albert Einstein did not even talk until after he started school. He was so slow in his early years that some thought him to be autistic. Not every kid develops at the same rate. Some slow starters move on to excell. As you well know, motherhood requires patience and letting your child know that you believe in him with faith that God is in control.

Sarah Glupker said...

Nice teachable moment... they arise when you least expect them. Glad you took the opportunity, Chris K. made me smile.
Trevor--- good job buddy. You have the potential to do LOTS Of great things if you work hard at it, and keep a happy heart.

Sarah

Laura Wells said...

I wish the parents of the kids in that third hour class who love the Lord could find out about your exchange with your students. How encouraging.

Amanda Irene said...

Sweet!