Saturday, October 25, 2008

10 Fabulous Things

So...I was thinking about the number 10. Hey, I'm a math teacher, we tend to think in terms of numbers! Do I have ten things that I am thankful for without having to think about life being a bummer. Praise the Lord, I have more than that, but I will only share 10, because that is the number of the day.

1 - The TNT kids laughing and playing, even when the weather wasn't very agreeable.
2 - Kraig setting up almost everything for the party before he left to go to work for the day.
3 - A good friend coming home and making time to visit (no gangsta kitty here).
4 - Kaleb and Trevor playing ever so nicely upstairs...together!
5 - My brother Greg is coming over on Monday to watch the boys so I didn't have to pay a babysitter.
6 - My pal and movie partner is always available on a moment's notice. Love her for that!
7 - People allowing me to hold their children and get my baby fix for the week, every Sunday.
8 - Election day is almost here and I won't have to watch any more commercials!
9 - Little boy kisses for making hot chocolate with whipped cream and grated chocolate. Little does he know that I would have shoved in another marshmallow for that same little kiss.
10 - A content heart and a life being fulfilled with all that God gives!

These are my ten. I have more, many more.

9 comments:

Kara said...

That was great! I think you should've shared the whole list. And what's a gangsta kitty? I'm from the country.

Laura Wells said...

Why ten? I suppose its all the top ten lists out there. Good list. What's TNT?

amber said...

oh, this makes me feel happy! i'm glad our little kiddos make you happy on sunday! had fun with you in there today!

chris k said...

Kara - a friend sent an email of different kitties based on how teachers feel. The gangsta kitty barely woke up in the morning, didn't do anything with the hair, and was living on caffeine to get through the school day. The next kitty was locked in the classroom, hearing voices and listening to them. It was purrfectly funny!
Laura - 10 just happened to be a number that I was thinking of...I don't watch enough late-night tv to realize the importance of the top-tens. TNT stands for Truth N Training. It is our Youth Group Name for the kids.
Amber - I love the kiddies on Sundays and actually miss them when I'm not in there. They grow so fast.

TraceyLD said...

Great top 10 list!
We all had a great time at your house on Saturday. Check out photos on my blog.
I want one of those hats if you can pick one up for me. You know what I mean "pick one up". I would like it in blues.

chris k said...

Tracey, that was funny! Don't give away any of my secrets!

TraceyLD said...

Chris...I forget my winter coat this winter is red and black so I'll take a hat that would go with the coat. Thanks!!!

Sarah Glupker said...

Chris K.--

I appreciate friends with grateful hearts and positive attitudes...reminds me to do the same. For some reason, people seem to have this overwhelming propensity for negativity and grumbling. Thanks for "the list"... fun to see what you're grateful for.
I'm grateful for you (awwwww...so sappy).

Sarah

Amanda Irene said...

grummble grummble.......

Yes thank you for being thankful some has to do it I guess.

signed grummble grummble