Saturday, May 9, 2009

I am loved.

The Avenue spa had the fifth graders at Kaleb's school write letters as to why their mom deserves a spa day. He was a little upset that he didn't win the prize, but all of the students received a $40 gift card for their moms. What a wonderful surprise.
Trevor made this wonderful book with words to represent each letter of the alphabet. He spent so much time with each page and coloring and drawing pictures. What a sweetheart. He just couldn't wait one more day to give it to me.

This is a funny picture because I am sitting on a chair reading, Kaleb is laying on the blanket on the yellow beach, Trevor is in the water swimming...luckily, there are no sharks drawn in the water. What is funny is that there is a man working on a ladder hanging out one of the windows - yup, Kraig is working on vacation!


Look at how thin I am! I was a little worried before he told me that I am holding sunglasses. I thought maybe I had taken my boobs off. :)

This is just a Trevor saying. I am quite a good mom, not just a good mom or a mom who tries really hard and then says things like she's going to shave his head if he doesn't stop whining. Who does things like that?

I can remember laughing at my mom, who was a sobby gal, every time we gave her a card or a gift. This was especially true when she ws going through chemo. I wish I could tell her that I get it! I was just telling a friend that I couldn't even remember the last time I cried...I am not an emotional gal, by any means. Well, forget that. I had tears running down my face and they were shocked! That never happens. Kraig had to tell me to pull it together. Oh well, I obviously dried up the tears. The boys could not wait to give me their Mother's Day gifts that they had made or completed at school. If I question motherhood sometimes, when the Bickermans invade our house, I sure do know that I am loved.
Happy Mother's Day to all and enjoy these moments with your own moms.

11 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

How very sweet, and your captions had me laughing out loud.

Pam said...

You have me welling up a bit. I am an emotional gal. Your boys obviously love you so much! These are the things to look back at when they have those day that make you wonder :)
Happy Mothers Day friend!

Kara said...

Your boys certainly are special. I love the drawings. It makes me want to post pictures of the things that Rachel and Adam brought home!
Happy Mother's Day!

Laurie said...

Well Chris, I'm glad you didn't lose any body parts. :) What sweet boys you have.

Jenny LaBo said...

AWWW that is so nice!
Removable boobs. Nice one.

Laura Wells said...

What would you have said if they were removable boobs? Yish. What wonderful gifts. You are quite the mom.

Amanda Irene said...

waaahhh boooo hoooo now I am crying!

But thats a pregnant lady for ya.

You are loved. Even by me!

That book is something you will hang on FORever!

chris k said...

Well gals, i am wondering if i could get removable boobs. I would be in for that one. Going for a jog - zip off they come. Going on a date with Kraig, zip 'em back on. Wouldn't that be great!!!!!! I'm in.

Pam said...

Chris, That is one of the best ideas yet! I'm in too!

TraceyLD said...

What great kids you have. You're an amazing mom!
Enjoy your spa!!!

Anonymous said...

Let's hear about the game you won tonight, Chris!!!
~Cathy