Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Winners of Game #1

Well Cathy, it would have been nice to have had a cheering section but I know that you were probably enjoying that little smiley guy. Congratulations to the IBC Co-ed softball team!!!

Woo hoo. We won and we had enough girls to play Wednesday night which is a victory right there. We played a team that is somewhat hard core and came out a little straggly in the beginning. One of the many highlights had to be Drew's pants falling down as he made a great catch in the outfield. I thought that only happened at Arthur Hill and on funniest Home Videos. Imagine what we could have done with that $1,000 prize! We made a lot of good plays and nobody got hurt. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say nobody? I obviously forgot about the old chick that was trying to play 3rd base. Hmmm, perhaps that old chick was me and I should realize by now that my days of being quick or fast are long gone!

When one old chick player slides into third base after being in a pickle between bases, she should remember that a). she was wearing shorts, b). people are throwing a ball at third base to throw her out, c). she can't even slightly remember the last time she slid into a base, and d). who slides in coed softball!!!!!!!!! Nobody should be the answer to d) but old chick though otherwise. We could go up by one run and the game would be over. So, safe at third after narrowly avoiding the thrower's errant ball that almost beaned me in the head, I decided that I would surely run fast to home plate. Ooh, mistake! Pain, hello...left thigh muscle says to old lady, "You are crazy. Stop running and sit down. The game is won"

BUT, is the game won? Noooooooooo, we tied the game and so had to play two extra innings. What? Robert was going to celebrate his birthday with a family dinner and we were going to celebrate Trevor's birthday with pizza after the game. Chris L. had a chance to pop out a homerun in the first extra inning. Did he? Mmmmmm, no. I think he struck out or popped out. Either way, he definitely did not hit that homer to send us home. Another inning and the opposing team scored three runs. Well, we didn't give up and Rod was there with his optimism and our team hit some great hits and we got four runs in the bottom of the 8th inning.

Is that our cheering section? Do you all hear it? It's probably still standing room only at the diamonds as they're still talking about the co-ed game of the season. There are still plenty of opportunities to watch us - Wednesday nights during the summer - c'mon over to Kochville, you'll have the time of your life. I'll take pictures during the next game so you can watch the action! Maybe Drew will wear those pants again and we can catch it on video to send in AFV.

5 comments:

Kara said...

Bravo! Good job, Old Chick! An enjoyable read. Go get 'em Immanuel!

amber said...

Way to go! We'll have to come out and cheer one of these nights. Are they always on Wed?

Sarah Glupker said...

ahhh, I missed it. I'm glad you're tearing up on 3rd base. I'm going to be relegated to Rt field now. But, at least my head will be safe from line-drives out there! Perhaps your boobs will get knocked off while playing 3rd (referring to prior post)...That would certainly make AFV and yes, I would laugh quite hard at you. Don't you feel loved?

Sarah G.

Amanda Irene said...

wed. what time? where? Andrew would enjoy watching you fall down and players losing their pants!

TraceyLD said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sorry about your injury! I think I would not even think about sliding.
I hope to make it to a game to watch.