Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tents and Pools

The 2 man tent that was able to house our sleeping bags with Trevor's book. We read by flashlight the last 3 chapters of his book. He said that I fell asleep first and he kept poking me to wake me up, but Mom was tired!
About to enter and sleep. Kaleb was not about to sleep in the tent. He and Kraig roughed it and slept inside. I kept teasing Kraig and telling him that I wouldn't mind if he slept in the tent. He was a dear and was just about to come outside and get us this morning because a band of showers was working its way towards us. Who knew that I could actually wake up early on a non-work day? Did I mention that i suddenly feel very old? My hips are killing me. If I start mentioning bowel movements to you someday soon, you might have to ask me for my AARP card.

My backyard is coming around again. We no longer have major holes in the yard, but we have dirt and sand everywhere. The new septic field is in and obviously working. Kraig replanted his garden and put down grass seed last night. Supposedly, it is a fast growing seed and he thinks that we'll have grass by next week. He is dreaming! It will take forever to have grass in that yard and I've already had to hose down the boys because they were filthy last night. The pool is getting water! The liner went in this morning and they filled a portion of it today to check for leaks. It should be filled up by tomorrow morning some time. We still have a ways to go, but we're actually making progress. Hooray for summer but, I'm just wondering where the warm days are?


10 comments:

amber said...

What a fun mom! The pool is looking great! I think summer may be coming - or maybe we're skipping that and going right to fall!

Pam said...

The pool looks great!
I'm attempting a tent outing this month in our big tent with Hannah and 5 of her friends.
I'm thinking a night in a tent with Trevor would provide more sleep.

Laura Wells said...

I'm scheduled for an overnight in the treehouse this weekend. And the pool looks awesome. And you are right....the grass won't be in next week. And...warm weather is coming in July...just months of it this year.

Anonymous said...

Chris!! That liner lookes just like the one we had put in last year! Good taste.
The year we put our pool in was also a cool summer. We kept saying, "What in the world are we doing??"
What are you doing around the pool? It all looks nice! Did Kraig put it in?

I see you're getting ready for the backpacking trip.

Sorry I missed your game again. I totally forgot about it until we were on our way to church. Did you win? ~Cathy

chris k said...

Pam, I totally got more sleep than you will with 5 little girls.
Cathy, we got killed, like 17-5, or so. We just couldn't find our groove. The weather has us laughing as we knew that it would happen this way. Oh well, we're getting a heater. As for the liner, you have wonderful taste!

Laurie said...

So, will you be having a pool party this summer? :) Are we ALL invited?

Kara said...

A pool! Tommy would say, "Awesome!"

Jenny LaBo said...

YOU have a pool!!! How 90210 are you?! :)

chris k said...

Kraig and I have always wanted a pool that we didn't have to inflate. I also did not want Kraig's Sanford and Son heater taking up space in our backyard this year. This is just the right timing for us and we have a lot of building going up this summer so our yard was destined to be torn up. I also would rather have my son's friends want to come here and hang out, swim, etc. rather than want to be at someone else's house. Some of their friends parents are heavy drinkers and invested heavily in the bar scene. I want the kids here because I am responsible and maybe a little 90210. :) Jenny, I just figured that you all were just a little too young for that show.
For sure there will be a ground breaking day to enjoy the pool. Unfortunately, the slip n slide will no longer be available for any pregnant moms who wish to go for a ride.

Sarah Glupker said...

Wow Chris!! That is a lot further along than you made it sound. Lookin' good! Can't wait to see if Kraig's little jalapeno peppers make it through their disrupted growth.....

Sarah