Friday, June 12, 2009

Keepin' up with the Jones'...

...or maybe the Veihl's?...
...or maybe the Lemanski's, the Luter's, the Glupker home, or anyone else who thinks planting flowers is a joyous event! Phooey!

Isn't it wonderful when you have friends in your life who know your downfalls, ahem, killing anything growing that is green, but will help a sistah out? Viv came over bearing flats of flowers to plant in my weed infested black hole thingies. She stayed a long time and planted these babies in 12 pots. Trevor watered them and I helped dig out the monstrosities of weeds that had decided that the pots were wonderful! They look nice but of course, I am still wondering if I actually have to water them or will it rain enough during the weeks ahead that I won't have to touch them at all. Viv tried to tell me that I would have to dead-head them and then laughed and said she would be out to do it once a week. Is it possible to fail flower planting and growth 101? Thanks again to my green-thumbed sistah friend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!! Now I'm definitely not sleepy from all the laughter!! No wonder all the babies love you. You probably keep them laughing too! ~Cathy

Laura Wells said...

Ooohh. Planting flowers. How exciting. I will come deadhead if your friend is busy. What do you love to do?

Laurie said...

Should I know what 'deadhead' means? We have landscaping that pretty much takes care of itself...because it would be dead before fall if I was caring for it. :( No plants in the house either, I've even killed a cactus. I do enjoy flowers...from a distance.

Kara said...

Oh Laurie, houseplants are a dud for me. Forget about 'em!
Viv, that was so nice! Amanda and I would love to come over and help anytime you need us!

Kelly Glupker said...

Which Glupker home are you talking about?

Liz K said...

Chris! Thanks for the kind comments...made my night! And thanks so much for the prayers! You son is right, my husband has the best job! Gets to play all the time! How are the flowers holding up? Something is eating mine...I think I need a consultation with Kara!