Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fall Happenings

Adam and Jackson eating lunch. We didn't have enough chairs so the kids basically had to stand and eat. Good sports, I tell ya.
Can you see the bug that Adam found? It was one of the items that each group had to find.
Amy's group making the letters TNT with sticks from the yard.

Funny faces by the pumpkins. That is our pool house in the background.
The girls with a cat tail.
A picture of Jessie's group on a piece of machinery.
Kaleb, Amy, and Jessie put on a little skit showing the older brother's perspective in the parable of The Prodigal Son.
This was the entire group. Don't you just love all of those tie-dyes???


Okay, so I surely did not want to take two months to actually have a new post. Seriously, though...not much is new or exciting. Kraig finally finished the 18 month-long job and is working hard to get the insulation in on the new barn/shop. However, just today he said that he was bored! I laughed and told him to go outside and play. Kaleb is in the throes of puberty and it is a real doozy. He is testing the waters and I am very thankful for Matt and Amber and the rest of the youth group for positive influences. Peer pressure is fierce! Otherwise, he is doing well in school and is ready to take some art classes. Trevor did very well in school and is enjoying life. He is usually the happy one and of course, very dramatic! I am trying to organize the drop zone in our house. Somehow, within two months time, our lives became hectic and we tended to dump our stuff on the counter or in our cubbies. Grrrrrrrrr...I hate when that happens. School is going well and I am enjoying my students...most of the time.

I thought that I would share a few of the TNT photos with you. These kids were great and they were very energetic along with their leaders who were very good sports at leading or participating in whatever. We had the party in October and the kids made hand plates with hugs and kisses for the older people in the church. They also made prayer pumpkins and wrote down their prayers for people in our church to pray for them whenever they saw their cute little faces on the refrigerators. I almost forgot about the tie-dye! Each of the kids made a tie-dye shirt and a few lucky ones actually had the right size and could wear the ones that they made. Whoops! Luckily, they were all pretty good sports. Enjoy the pics.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been faithfully praying for the sweet little girl on my prayer card, and her requests!

Anonymous said...

Not again!
~Cathy!!!

Sarah Glupker said...

I like reading your post; it has Chris Klein posted all over it! Thanks for the pics. Fun to be able to see what you were talking about.
Still think it's great that you spearheaded this party! That was a lot of work, but a ministry to those kiddos...and then, they got to minister to others. love that idea!
outta-da' Box, OUtta da' box....:)

Sarah

Pam said...

Yay I feel connected to the Klein's again. Sounds like a busy but good fall.
The party looks like SO MUCH FUN!
Take notes on Kaleb...he's one year ahead of James and I may need them. So far so good though.

Kara said...

Hey , as long as there are Capri Suns (Adam calls them Dupre suns - hee hee!) and cheetos, my kids are GREAT sports!

Brooke said...

Looks like a ton of fun!!