Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Tag!!

Okay, so I am a little late with this, but here is my tag answers.

Ten years ago, I was...28 years old and finishing my master's degree from SVSU, while teaching full time at Buena Vista High School.

Five things on my "to-do" list:
  • begin running so I don't keel over on a 5K run
  • go through my closet and toss out anything that I haven't worn in a year
  • organize our kitchen...I don't know where all this stuff comes from!
  • pack up my classroom for the potential move
  • write questions for new math assessments for next year (Anyone care to join me on this?)

Snacks I enjoy...SLURPEES, chips and salsa, and the small (frozen) Dove bars. Kraig can hear me when I sneak into the kitchen to grab a frozen Dove and yells, "Put down the candy!" It doesn't count as candy if it is only a bite size. I thought everyone knew that.

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire...

  • Finish all phases on Immanuel. Well, hire it out. I don't think that I'd be any good in construction!
  • Quit teaching in the inner city.
  • Build an inground pool with a cabana (cabana boy optional)
  • Go back to school and get a doctorate degree.
  • Volunteer in the reading and math programs at the boy's school.

Five bad habits...

  • I don't always hear what people have to say, so I just smile and nod or laugh.
  • I cannot stand it when the Bickerman's bicker and so I yell at them to stop bickering. this kind of defeats the purpose.
  • I don't do laundry daily and so I have huge piles and it takes forever to get through.
  • I am an unorganized person (it even drives me crazy!)
  • Not following through and calling people when they are on my mind. I should send cards or call, but then I get busy and forget.

Places I've lived...

  • Sweetbriar in Saginaw Township for 23 years
  • Fox Glen Apartments in Saginaw Township for 1 year
  • Cole Rd. in the boonies in Spaulding Township for 5 long years (no 7-11, can you imagine?)
  • Foxboro Rd. in Saginaw Township for 6 years (loved it here~Shamrock Dairy in the 'hood)
  • Swan Creek in James Township for the last 3 years (7-11 down the road)

Five jobs I've had...

  • teacher
  • coach
  • babysitter
  • ticket taker at the old Cinema and Suds
  • cleaned and painted dorms and apartments at SVSU

Toodles all,

Chris

p.s the wedding tag is coming...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm so glad you posted about this, I feel like I've learned a few new things about you. :) I miss hanging out in the nursery(I'll be back soon), you make me laugh, and you're so good with all the kids.

Kara said...

I totally agree about the bite size candy thing- definitely does not count.

Amanda Irene said...

Your bad habits are mine too. ohh the laundry.

Okay so a 2 1/2 yr old weighing appx 37 pounds can hang from his arms appx how long??? What kinda math are we talking about? You can come of with some really doozeeze.

Nice post. I was begining to think I would have to drive by your house late at night with my binocs. I miss you!!! We have to have another party!!

looking forward to the wedding post!!! I am thinking amber has yet to do hers.

Jenny LaBo said...

I want a slurpee.

Pam said...

mmmm Slurpee! We don't have a 7-11 in Hartland. I should talk to the manager about that :)
I'm still waiting for the bow pictures!!

chris k said...

Speaking of slurpees, I just happened to have a free coupon for one today. That coke slurpee was fabulous!
For everyone who is anxiously waiting on the photos...it's coming. I have a few more "bow" things to snag and I will be done. Enjoy your holiday weekends.

Sarah Glupker said...

The bows... the bows.... where are the bows?? I'm waiting for the absurdly awful wedding bow pictures and can hardly stand waiting for them. Stop keeping us all in suspense, for Pete's sake.

S.G.

The Speer's said...

I love slurpee's they are the best. I just had one tonight. I'm very unorganized to and I hate that. Where is there a 7-eleven out there? You are a great person. By the way where were you tuesday night to the softball game? I never struck out but I never got to first base either :(

chris k said...

The bows are coming Sarah. I have been busy! After the 8th grade awards assembly that I have to run on Wednesday and am not prepared for yet.