Monday, May 26, 2008

Springhill Highropes course

This is for Chris L. because I know that he thinks that Kraig is only getting hurt at softball! Oh no, we went through a highropes course this weekend and went through two stories of terrifying tightrope activities wearing fabulous harnesses!! The last step, I get up on the platform, and the other couple that we did the course with fell to the side and down went Kraig...banged his knee into the base of the wood on the platform. Needless to say, blood gushing down his leg onto his sandals and he had to be the first guy on Saturday who needed the Infirmary!!! He is falling apart :) the boys loved the blood though. Also, Chris, get t-shirt sizes at both games this week because we are getting shirts! Girls cannot play haphazard...we need to match. Enjoy your Memorial Day gatherings.

14 comments:

Laurie said...

Chris, I love your stories! Sorry Kraig hurt himself, but bumps and bruises are fun to show off to your buddies. I once had a shirt that said 'stitches are trophies for the intense'. :)

The Speer's said...

Sorry to hear that he got hurt. Seems like alot of that is going around lately.

Jenny LaBo said...

Has Kraig considered renting some sort of bubble for the summer?

Chris said...

Okay Chris, I just read your blog, but actually I talked to you at the game. You neglected to mention the shirts at the game though. I will get sizes on Thursday though.

Pam said...

Good grief! I'm not sure I would do any more family activities, for the safety of your children!!
Poor guy. I'm with Jenny. He needs a bubble.

chris k said...

If he was bubble boy, would they make a movie about him? Do any of you remember the movie starring John Travolta? I could kiss him through the bubble...just like the movie. Of course, he may get so excited that he would break out of the bubble and the buffer would be gone. Thus, I would have caused yet another accident. Hmmm, I may have to rethink the bubble thing.

Sarah Glupker said...

Okay....what's up with the 'bubble' thing? I don't get it.

The Speer's said...

I remember the movie and think Dave needs one too. They could bubble twins :)

Chris said...

Sarah, Kraig gets hurt doing everything. The bubble will protect him from getting hurt.

Amanda Irene said...

Thats funny jen.

Kara said...

Sarah is a nurse, she is way beyond bubble conversation. I totally got it, though.

TraceyLD said...

Oh...I don't know what has kept me away from the blogging world. I have missed some good laughs. I'm still laughing after reading your entry and then the comments.
I had no idea Kraig was so accident prone. I hope he heals quickly.

Laura Wells said...

I'm sorry Craig got hurt. Where is Springhill ropes course? I want to go!!!!

chris k said...

Springhill is a Christian camp in Evart, MI. We went there for family camp over Memorial Day and the boys go there for a week in the summer. Great biblical teaching and messages for the kids with tons of activities and things to do. The highropes course was scary, but I worked through it.