Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A room with a view...

I have 20 by 30 pictures of Kaleb and Trevor between each window to cover the glue. If you noticed the flowers, don't be alarmed...they're fake!
Kraig came and put up a whiteboard over the nastiest wall of glue.
This was the longest bulletin board ever. Notice how far apart the math posters are? :)
Well, it's better. I can spend more than a few minutes in here without going stir cazy. The window in the door still is pretty shabby, but I like the door open, so I don't usually see the window. Baseboards are still missing, but I can overlook that. My mouse friends have not come back to visit me the last few days. Maybe, it's the Bounce sheets that I have in every nook and cranny around the room. I overheard a student say that it smells like someone just did their laundry. The first two days, while hot, were manageable. Students actually brought pencils, paper, notebooks and folders...shocking, isn't it? This is your peek into my classroom. Enjoy your day and maybe, if you're lucky, my mouse friends will come by to visit.

11 comments:

Kara said...

Very nice!
I was not aware that dryer sheets would keep mice away... I'll have to remember that.

Laurie said...

The room looks way better, glad you can tolerate it now.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

looks great !!!
enjoying the year so far :)
praying for a wonderful year of excelent students or atleast we will hope they are close to excelent.
LOVE LOVE the pics of the boys were did you get them done ? i want to do the sunset one of kids.

Laura Wells said...

Oh I do miss teaching. Good job with your room. I bet many of your students wish someone would hang a giant picture of them somewhere, even over ugly glue! If only it were possible to give them all the love and attention they never received! Thankfully I know some of your students are loved and cared for by someone others than teachers. Go change their world!

amber said...

Wow! The room looks so different! Way to go! I'm glad God has put you in those kids' lives, if only for a few hours a week.

chris k said...

Steph - look in the Meijer adds on Sunday. The only reason that I did the big ones is because they were half off - only $9.99. You definitely should do the sunset one. Thanks for your prayers everyone. This first week has been a good one. God is good.

Phil Luter said...

D-Con works great for mice. If you don't kill them, they multiply. The other thing that is really important is to make sure there is no food around when you leave at night. I think few people realize that teachers have to do this kind of work just to have a respectable place to teach. Somehow these conditions should be made public.

Amanda Irene said...

I was sitting here listening to the mice in my wall behind the computer near the garage. Its september and its time to set the traps.

I was fearing for the flowers lives there for a moment. I remember those pretty flowers you posted about at the begining of summer in the pots. :)

You room does looks nice!

chris k said...

Amanda - you are funny. You have to know that there is no way in the world that I could keep "live" flowers alive. See you this week.

Sarah Glupker said...

Gurrrl,

I'll be bringing by some REAL flowers for your room. What is up with this fake junk?
NICE transformation of the room, though, I must say. I need to come by and see the place sometime soon....lunch break or something.
Catch ya' later.

Sarah

chris k said...

Sarah - I want to know when you are actually at home. Hello...lunch!!