Sunday, March 22, 2009

Runnin' on Empty...

This was our before shot at the St. Patrick's Day Race in Bay City. Can you say cccccccold???
It was chilly, to say the least. I know that you're giggling at the hat, BUT, I was able to tie it at the bottom, and my ears were nice and toasty. My friend Bridget and I ran the 5K race and only walked for a short while to drink some water and for Bridget to blow the runniest nose ever!
Sorry, you'll have to turn your head to look at my most wonderful picture ever! My hair was matted to my head I was sweating so much. Luckily, the hat stayed on. I even wore my Boston Marathon jacket from last year's jaunt to cheer on Rod but that didn't do much for my overall time. I ran the race in 37 minutes and 53 seconds which is terrible but I'll take it! I will get a little more focused on my training and pick a much warmer day to run.

Somehow, Bridget managed to have a better hairdo after the race! All in all, not too bad for my first race back. The Dow has a run on June 6th...anyone interested?

In other racing news...Kaleb and Trevor ran on Saturday for the 1/2 mile Leprechaun run and both finished with decent times. Kaleb ran a 4 minute 7 second half mile and Trevor ran a 5 minute 20 second half mile. Trevor's time just happens to be his birth date. The kids runs are the best because the kids run a short race and for $5, they get to race, get a t-shirt and a medal with refreshments afterwards.

10 comments:

Sarah Glupker said...

You da'woman!
Great job, Chris. Way to go for it! Proud-o-you.
Maybe I"ll take you up on the June 6th race...let me know the scoop.
Trevor and K-man--
Tally on!

:) Sarah

Phil Luter said...

Think what your time might have been if you hadn't stopped for the hot chocolate and muffins.

Laurie said...

You're awesome! Love the hat. :)

Laura Wells said...

I am surprised your Coke slurpee Sunday night wasn't bigger. Good job Chris. I am proud of you.

Pam said...

You and Bridget are super-cool! Go girls!

Good job Trevor and Kaleb!!

Oh and Chris, I actually like the hat. I'd wear it :)

TraceyLD said...

Great Job Chris! I'm so proud of you. Talk about commitment! It was a cold day.
Trevor told me about his run. He seemed to be pleased.
Thanks for the offer for the June race but I think I'll pass.

Amanda Irene said...

your on your own here. You run! run like the wild!!!

slurp slurp..

Amanda Irene said...

I meant wind! or wild wind..

Jen said...

That's so great! I love your pictures...a 37 minute 5K...do you KNOW how long that would take me...congrats are definitely in order! :)

Kara said...

Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it. And in the cold? How did you do it? Great job, you are almost and inspiration to me.