Sunday, April 6, 2008

The month of April...

43 more days of school...summer vacation just around the corner...lazy days and time :) to actually think about the important things in life. April has become a month of staying busy and focusing on family. It has been ten long years since my mom died and I cannot seem to remember what her voice sounded like...that seems like such a weird thing to think about. I also lost my dad two years ago..the same month, of course. My parents and memories seem to come to the front of my brain and stay parked there for the entire month. So, if you have an extra moment during your prayer life, please pray that I begin to sleep during this month without dreams. I am a "rarely remember the dreams" kind of sleeper, but these are the haunting type.

Have you ever thought about the things that you'd like to do...someday? I have...it's an April thing. I was able to cross off two of them so far this year. Can you believe it?
Ride a rollercoaster that loops...check! I rode the horrible Hulk in Florida with Kaleb. He loved it, of course and I was scared, majorly, but I did it. Participate in a play...check! I had a small role in Immanuel's play and kind of liked it. I know, you're probably wondering if a musical is next for me...I don't think that the world is ready for that yet! HAHAHAHAHA I have tons of things that are still on my list and wonder if there are things that you think about doing...someday. I am trying to stop thinking about the some day and think about making these things happen. I listened to Randy Pausch's last lecture at Carnegie Mellon University on Oprah a few months ago. He has terminal cancer and was upbeat and positive and spoke about being a Tigger or an Eeyore. If you haven't seen his last lecture, find it on the internet or read about him in Parade Magazine April 6th edition. Anyways, I want to be a Tigger! Tiggers bounce while Eeyore's moan and complain. Who would you rather be...Tigger or Eeyore?

4 comments:

Pam Wickman said...

I'll be praying for you Chris.
It was great seeing you this weekend. You can hold my baby any day :)

amber said...

I'm praying for you, Chris. Remembering can be sweet and sad all at once. My dad died about five years ago, and I still miss him like crazy. Glad you're accomplishing things on your list. I suppose I should make a list so I know what I'm supposed to be accomplishing!

Jenny LaBo said...

Praying for you Chris.

I want to be a Tigger but somedays I end up being an Eyeore.

Sarah Glupker said...

I remeber hearing on more than one occasion the mantra of "Life is about choices." The longer I live, the more I realize the truth of that statement. I believe it is a choice to be an Eeyore or a Tigger, and sometimes it's not an easy choice. But the reality is, the people who choose to be Eeyore's really want to be happy, but it's human nature to complain and feel down-n-out, as if being the "loser" is some sort of glorified state. I work with some Eeyore's and they are the WORST people to work with because they get nothing done and complain about how things should be, though they never want to be part of the solution to the complaints. OKay, I'm getting on a tangent. But, I appreciated your thoughts, Chris. And, I'm glad your sorrow over your parents hasn't crippled your life in the here and now....they wouldn't have wanted that.
See you Sunday!!

Sarah :)