Sunday, February 22, 2009

Enough already.....I get it!

February 22 - no snow storm predicted for the evening and a long week of teaching ahead of me. I do not want to moan or mulk, sulk or sigh....but I get it. I will not get another snow day this school year. but, I long for one. That hopeful ahhhhhhh, as I get an early morning phone call, from friends who get up way too early for me, to simply turn off the alarm clock and roll over - no school today. Yes, I know that I am spoiled and most "big people" do not get snow days. However, I had a long week last week and did not connect with students because most simply refused to work. It was a very long week and I am dreading the start of this week. So, if you could add me to your prayer list, that would be great. I feel like I lost my optimism that I could make a difference at AH and I really need to regain my motivation. We have three different days this week where outsiders are going to come in and tell us how we could best help our kids. Pray that my students decide to do their best for the remainder of the school year if it crosses your mind as you drive by a school. So many of them are not doing well in their classes.

I can do this, right????????????????????

8 comments:

Kara said...

YES YOU CAN! (Hey, if it works for Obama, it can work for you)

I admire what you do every day. I couldn't do it. I'll be praying for you.

My mom always reminds me of the time it snowed on mother's Day years ago... so that snow day could still happen. :)

Laura Wells said...

Oh Chris.
It's so hard to work in a place full of kids making life ruining decisions and refusing the help that exists. Great people have come out of AH and still will with teachers like you around. I'll pray for you to make a special difference in a student's life today and for those speakers to give you nuggets.

Pam said...

Chris girl, you are in my prayers. Seriously, I couldn't do what you do. I admire you. Keep it up. They may not seem like they care, but somewhere inside they do. They are just too wrapped up in their image to show it.
Praying!!

chris k said...

Thanks for the uplifting thoughts of encouragement all. I appreciate it. A friend called today to tell me that there are only 68 more school days left. Where did the time go?

Amanda Irene said...

maybe you should just take it five mins. at a time. Thats how I have gotten through it here. oh ugg. Prayiinnnnggg.....

Kelly Glupker said...

Chris,
Have you ever read the book "The Essential 55" by the inter-city teacher, Ron Clark? There was a movie made about this teacher as well. FABULOUS! It's a great movie and book to give you the motivation you need to keep on keeping on. He made an incredible difference in the lives of his students - students you never would have expected to succeed - probably very much like your students.

Laurie said...

I too am praying for just ONE more snow day!! :)

amber said...

how is this week going? praying for you!!