Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The bow...on a frilly dress.

We measured the bow...14 inches. This was on my butt! :)
Trevor was getting ready to practice and was trying to balance that monstrous thing.

Trevor was getting ready for his clown outfit for Halloween. He had stuffed his shirt to give himself a big belly, too. Notice that the bow goes from shoulder to shoulder?


See the bow sticking out? Sorry, turn your head and you can see it clearly. This was my Dad...he was a good guy.



I am still having troubles with the whole posting of the pictures thing and can't get them where I want them and turned if they show up sideways. The bow is about 14 inches! Imagine having fourteen inches of a bow on your butt and thinking...I love this dress and I want to be married in it. More than a foot of a bow...a little girl could have had a dress made out of that much fabric. Trevor thinks that it's hilarious and that if he is a clown one of these years for Halloween, it would make a great bow-tie. I plead insanity on this dress and all fashion that was worn by the entire wedding party. I hope you get a chuckle out of my fourteen inch bow.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Ok - that is pretty funny! :) But I am sure it was the style!

Kara said...

I pretty much get a chuckle out of everything you write. And I agree with Jen, I'm sure you were right in style!

Pam said...

That bow is HUGE!! Can't say I didn't sport a bow or two in the day when they were in style.
The picture of you and your Dad is so sweet. You really were a beautiful bride :)

Sarah Glupker said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
The "Bow of all BOws" has emerged and made its debut on the blog. What a monstrously large bow at that,too. Did you feel a wee bit off balance all day long on your Big day?? Curious minds want to know.
Trevor---you da' man buddy. Keep rockin' on those drums... I need to come and hear your rhythm.

Sarah

chris k said...

I have to say that I did not feel off balance at all. The extra wind resistance on my behind kept me on my feet and grounded all day. Whenever any of you want to borrow the bow for a formal gathering, let me know. I'm sure that all 14 inches of it would love to be used again.