Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Flowers and gardening


Kraig has a green thumb and loves to work in the garden. He is working on his radishes and has eaten several already. You can also see one of his tomato plants growing rather nicely. He is still a country boy at heart.

These are my absolute favorite! Don't you just love the way they stand so tall...water me, water me! I just can't wait to divide these and put them somewhere else around my house. I just wish I knew the name of these lovely green plants.


If I had to choose...this would be my second place flower. I looked it up on the Internet and it is actually called Pigpen. Doesn't it look like it should be following alongside of Pigpen from Charlie Brown? That is why it is my second place flower. Isn't it beautiful?
Okay...so hopefully you knew that I was joking. However, I did save the best for last. These are last year's petunia's that grew again from the depths of despair. Annuals - two years for the price of one! Woohoo!!! All of the inground pots from the front yard had petunias and they all grew back. Who says you have to have a green thumb?

8 comments:

Kara said...

You gotta love petunias. THey perk everything up.
I did enjoy the pigpen plant, you are a stitch.

I want to take Casey to that buffet that opened on Bay rd by the railroad tracks... we need to plan that babysitting gig!

chris k said...

Let me know when you want to go. I do not have much planned until the 13th of July. Whenever you want a night out and want the kids run ragged!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Kraig and his gardening, too cool ! looks like my dads gardening.
By the way I just love your flowers, easy to take care of, no weeding, watering, the best :) heehee !

Jen said...

pigpen! what a hoot! you are crazy! :)

Pam said...

Never fails, I always laugh when reading your blog. Nice garden. My is horrible! I would love for someone that lives at my house to have a green thumb. I'm afraid it will never happen. Maybe Evan will get it from my Mom and and Dad. Does it skip a generation?

Kara said...

SO what are you doing Wed morn? I have a dr. appt. at 11:00, we'd love to go on a lunch date right after that. So if you can watch the kids from 10:30-1:00 let me know, we'll drop them off!

chris k said...

Kara - No problem. We have nothing going on and the boys said that they would run them ragged!

Kara said...

THANK YOU!