Sunday, August 3, 2008

And...they're off!!!

Tomorrow morning, Kaleb, Trevor and I are heading to Washington DC for a few days of history lessons. This was another last-minute August vacation decided on Friday. Today, I secured a hotel by the Capital Building and we'll arrive sometime on Tuesday. Kaleb wants to see the money being made. Rest assured, he knows that he won't be given any freebies. Trevor wants to see the monuments. He thinks that there will probably be a really cool gift shop. haha
Who knows...a few must sees and a couple of excited boys. Hopefully, the Bickerman's do not visit while we are there. Pray for safety during this vacation as I am a little nervous without Kraig being able to go also. See you all next weekend, God willing.

9 comments:

Kara said...

You'll have a great time! Ask Pam about educational vacations, she's a pro at them. :)

Pam said...

Actually the Pros are my parents. They took us on a lot of them.
Have fun! I LOVE love love DC. When I was at Liberty it was so close, I have been many times and always find something new. I can't wait to take my kids. Be safe!! I'm praying!

The Speer's said...

I hope you enjoy your vacation and the boys get along. ENJOY :)

Chris said...

I guess that means you won't be at SOFTBALL AGAIN THIS WEEK!!! :(

amber said...

How fun! You are such a great mom. We never went on vacations growing up (well, ok, technically we went on two), so I'll have to learn from all you pros!

TraceyLD said...

I've never been to Washington D.C.
I'm sure I will go with the girls someday as a field trip with school.
I'll be praying for safety and good health.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a great time! :)

Phil Luter said...

One of the great things to point out in D.C. is the recognition of God and His blessing on this country found in almost all of the monuments. You would never know it to listen to the mainstream media but scripture verses, references to God in quotes by our patriots and even art work found on the buildings all point to our Creator. Another great thing is that everything is free (well, we do pay taxes). You can spend weeks there in the museums, monuments and government buildings.

chris k said...

We're back. Hooray. We had a great time and I felt safe throughout the entire trip. Phil, you are right. There were tons of references about God and I never really knew that before. The only attraction that we paid for was the National Aquarium...a must NOT see - Chicago's is so much better. See you all soon.