Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tackles and catches

This is not the "official" uniform but I wanted a glimpse of how my first born was going to look!

Trevor is very proud and told him not to get a big head if he plays in the Superbowl. Little does Trevor know that it's just 5th grade tackle football.

The stance that I had to get him in. I can't believe that he's playing football. Trevor thinks that he is way cool!
Football season has officially begun. Last night, Kaleb began conditioning. We were two days late because he decided to play at the last minute. The other boys will be in their full get-ups but Kaleb will still condition today and Saturday morning, without the pads. I am a nervous wreck but Kraig said it's a boy thing. I'm praying for a fast young man who skirts past all of the other teams' tacklers or a young boy who tackles without getting hurt.

6 comments:

Jen said...

How cool is that! Try not to worry too much!:) Easier said than done I'm sure! :)

Pam said...

I pray the same thing for James. He is playing 4th grade tackle ball this fall. he started last week and I already see him getting tougher.
It is a boy thing. Big James is so excited for him.

TraceyLD said...

He looks so grown up. Can't we keep them small for ever?
If you figure it out let me know!

Kara said...

I'm praying that Adam sticks to bugs. Do they make fun of kids that like bugs?

Laurie said...

I LOVE football, just one reason I love fall. I'm sure he will have a lot of fun. Jacob has been playing for a couple years now. He could be a little more aggressive though, I try to help him with that.

Amanda Irene said...

Funny. I know what you are thinking and bet IF he brakes his finger and the bone is sticking out he will think that was the "highlight" of the year. Good luck mom!